Wednesday, January 23, 2008

SAY WORD! | MTV’S 10 HOTTEST MC’ S LIST CAUSES A STIR


10. Jim Jones
9. Common
8. 50 Cent
7. Jay-Z
6. Young Jeezy
5. Kanye West
4. Andre 3000
3. The Game
2. T.I.
1. Lil Wayne


At first, I must admit, I was somewhat taken aback by the list put together by MTV’s Hip-Hop brain trust. Jay-Z is number 7 and Nas is no where on the list, something was terribly wrong. On second thought, the list consists of who is hot at the particular time it was conceived not who is the nicest and most skilled. With that said and Hip-Hop being what it is, the list was outdated the minute it was created. For example: Common’s album just dropped and 50 Cent’s single I get Money is on heavy rotation which would theoretically move them closer to the number 1 spot. According to MTV, the criteria for the list were skills, success, impact and swagger (how do you measure that?). Anyway, I am not completely mad at the results. Of course my top ten hottest would be different, I would add Nas, Fabolous and would get rid of Game and Young Jeezy but I don’t think you can argue with Lil Wayne coming in first – that dude is on virtually every song on the radio. I would also have added an honorable mention to Young Berg and Papoose. What are your thoughts on the list?
For more info visit: www.mtv.com

No comments: